Friday, September 14, 2007

Paris Hilton employs zoo keeper

Paris Hilton has so many pets she has to employ a zoo keeper to look after them all.

The socialite has a menagerie of animals, including dogs, cats, ferrets, rabbits and monkeys, and she allows most of them to roam free around her house.

Due to her busy schedule, Paris has a keeper who cares for her beloved beasts when she is away from them.

She told Elle magazine: "My animals make me really happy. I just love my pets. I have 11 dogs, three ferrets, two rabbits, two monkeys and three cats.

"The monkeys and ferrets are at my ranch, but the dogs and cats and bunnies run around my house. I have this guy, Eric, who's like a zoo keeper, and he's with them all the time. He loves them, and I love them, too. But since I work a lot I'm not always home."

Paris got into trouble with California's animal authorities when she bought a kinkajou during a trip to Las Vegas in 2005.

The 26-year-old star was eventually forced to give up the racoon-like pet, which she named Baby Luv, after it was deemed to be illegal to own as a pet.

The same year, Paris was also allegedly forced to return a baby kangaroo after having it flown to the US from Queensland, Australia.

Her pets include a Rottweiler called Tyson, Rascal the Ferret and her famous Chihuahuas Tinkerbell and Bambi.

No comments: