Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Would You Text Your Pizza Order?

Popular pizza chain Papa John's has launched a text message ordering option at 2,700 US restaurants that allows customers to text their orders in to a local franchise. The company has been using an online ordering service since 2001 and claims web orders account for nearly 20 percent of its US sales.

Domino's Pizza has also started a system that allows hungry customers to place orders from web-enabled cell phones and PDAs. According to AP, the ordering system is available at about 3,000 Domino's locations and will spread to all of the chain's 5,100 restaurants next year.

I happen to be a pizza fanatic so I love the idea of having more than one way to order a hot slice, but I think I would worry if my order had gone through or not if it took a while to arrive.

No comments: