Saturday, October 20, 2007

The List

You all gave me loads of great advice for the latest Open House, Secrets for Moving In, to pass along to my closest confidant. There was a lot to work with here, so I took the liberty of paraphrasing a bit, and adding some tips of my own. I've divided your thoughts into several different categories: pre-moving, cleaning, moving, painting, decorating, befriending neighbors, and studio-related tips.



Pre-move:

  • Stay organized during your packing phase. Mark your boxes well, and label them with what room they're going in ahead of time. - Queen Lizzy
  • Check out your new place thoroughly. Look for bad paint jobs, missing items, scuffs and other marks. Take an extra look at the kitchen and bathroom, and other high traffic places. Make sure all your light fixtures and appliances work properly.- sweetpeabrina

For more tips, read more

No comments: