Monday, October 01, 2007

Trend Alert: Pears

Maybe it's just because pears are in season here in sunny California, or because I'm still drooling over YumSugar's bubbly pear cupcakes, but I can't seem to get pears off my mind lately. They seem to be everywhere I look these days, and I'm loving it.



Did you know that there are 30 different species of pears in the world? Well, there are, and there are even more home décor items related to the crisp fruit out there right now. From trays and casseroles to handmade pillows, sophisticated pear interpretations are popping up in every category of the shelter market. I'm not talking about Art 101 style still-life paintings of apples and pears organized nicely in a bowl, but updated, modern silhouettes of the fruit as well shabby-chic renditions.

I've trend-spotted more pear finds than would be sane to buy, so click the images below and let me know which is your fruit-bearing fave.

No comments: